What are cookies?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit our website. They allow us to recognize your device and track its usage on our website.
Cookies also help us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our website and allows us to improve our website. This includes more efficient navigation between pages, remembering your preferences and general improvement of the user experience.
What types of cookies do we use?
We use both first party cookies, which are issued from our website’s own domain, and third-party cookies, which belong to and are managed by other parties, such as our partners or service providers.
The cookies used on our website can be divided into two categories:
- Session cookies: These are temporary cookies that will be deleted from your device once you close your browser. They are used to remember your device as you move within our website.
- Persistent cookies: These are longer-lasting cookies that remain on your device even after you close your browser. They are used to recognize your device each time you use our website and to remember your preferences.
Further, each category of cookies can be divided into four types:
- Essential or Necessary cookies: These cookies are essential or necessary to ensure that a website works properly and is secure so that you can navigate a website and use its features. Without these cookies, certain features of a website would not function, and thus you would not be able to use certain services.
- Functional cookies: These cookies allow a website to remember the options a user has made (including user IDs stored, consents given, or languages selected) and other personalization options you have selected when browsing.
- Analysis and performance cookies: These are used to monitor and improve the function and service of a website. Those can track down problems when using a website, facilitate online surveys, record visitor numbers, and provide analytics metrics.
- Advertising cookies or targeting cookies: They are used to deliver customized advertising to the user. This can be very convenient, but also very irritating.
Below you can find the cookies we use listed in accordance with their Name, Description, Lifespan, and Type. Please keep in mind that this list may be updated from time to time.
- This cookie is set by Facebook to display advertisements when either on Facebook or on a digital platform powered by Facebook advertising, after visiting the website.
- 3 months
- The _ga cookie, installed by Google Analytics, calculates visitor, session and campaign data and also keeps track of site usage for the site’s analytics report. The cookie stores information anonymously and assigns a randomly generated number to recognize unique visitors.
- 2 years
- Installed by Google Analytics, _gid cookie stores information on how visitors use a website, while also creating an analytics report of the website’s performance. Some of the data that are collected include the number of visitors, their source, and the pages they visit anonymously.
- 1 day
- Set by Google to distinguish users.
- 1 minute
If you want to remove existing cookies from your device or if you want to block future cookies from being placed on your device, you can do this via your browser settings.
Please bear in mind that deleting and blocking cookies will have an impact on your user experience as parts of our website may no longer work.
Please also note that, unless you have adjusted your browser settings to block cookies, our system will issue cookies as soon as you visit our website or click on a link in a targeted email that we have sent you, even if you have previously deleted our cookies.